Articles of Incorporation
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF FRESNO FREE COLLEGE FOUNDATION
- The name of this corporation shall be FRESNO FREE COLLEGE FOUNDATION.
- The purposes for which this corporation is formed are:
- The specific and primary purposes are to promote and encourage free Intellectual inquiry and thought at institutions of higher learning through the development and sponsorship of programs, lectures, publications, and related activities of an educational character.
- To foster the intellectual and cultural growth of college students, faculty members, and interested members of the community by promoting programs and activities designed to stimulate Intellectual development and inquiry,
- To provide scholarships, grants, and loans-to further the intellectual pursuits of qualified students.
- To receive property by gift and by devise or bequest, subject to the laws regulating the transfer of property by will, and to otherwise acquire and hold fill property, real or personal, Including shares of stock, bonds and securities of other-corporations.
- To make contracts, sue and be sued, and to rent, convey, exchange, lease, mortgage, encumber, transfer upon trust, or otherwise dispose of all property, real or personal.
- To act as trustee under any trust incidental to the principal purposes and obligations of this corporation, and to receive, hold, administer, and expend funds and property subject to such trust;
- To borrow money, contract debts, and secure the payment or performance of all obligations of this corporation;
- To do all and any acts necessary or expedient for the administration of the affairs and the attainment of the purposes and objects of this corporation;
- Subject to any specific written limitations or restrictions imposed by the General Nonprofit Corporation Law, by other laws, or by these Articles of Incorporation, this corporation shall have and exercise all of the power specified and set forth in Section 9501 of Part I of Division 2 of Title I of the Corporations Code of the State of California, also known as the General Nonprofit Corporation Law of California; and
Notwithstanding any of the above statements of purposes and powers, this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the primary purpose of this corporation.
- This corporation is organized pursuant to the General Nonprofit Corporation Law of the State of California.
- The County in this State where the principal office for the transaction of the business of this corporation is located is Fresno County.
- The names and addresses of the persons who are to act in the capacity of directors until selection of their successors are:
- BENJAMIN D. BURTON 4712 North Rowell Fresno, California 93726
- PAUL DALE BUSH 1266 West Escalon Fresno, California 93705
- RUSSELL E. LEAVENWORTH 2986 Joaquin Place Fresno, California 93726
- SEYMOUR MACK 4554 East Rialto Fresno, California 93726
- JACK A. PITT 1135 East Santa Ana Fresno, California 93704
- The authorized number and qualifications of members of the corporation, the different classes of membership, if any, the property, voting and other rights and privileges of members and their liability. for dues and assessments and the method of collection thereof, shall be as set forth in the By-laws.
- The corporation is one which does not contemplate pecuniary gain or profit to the members thereof and it is organized solely for nonprofit purposes, upon the winding up and dissolution of this corporation, after paying or adequately providing for the debts and obligations of the corporation, the remaining assets shall be distributed to a nonprofit fund, foundation or corporation which is organized and operated exclusively for charitable, religious and/or scientific purposes and which has established its tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. If this corporation holds any assets on trust, such assets shall be disposed of in such manner as may be directed by decree of the superior court of the county in which this corporation's principal office is located. upon petition therefore by the Attorney General or by any person concerned in the liquidation.
- (added November 21, 2007) The property of the corporation is irrevocably dedicated to the charitable and educational purposes meeting the requirements for exemption provided by Section 214 of the Revenue and Taxation Code and no part of the net income or assets of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of private persons.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned being the persons herein above named-as the first directors, leave executed these Articles of Incorporation, this 18thday of October 1968.
<Signatures of Founding Directors>
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
COUNTY OF FRESNO
On October 18th, 1968, before me, the undersigned, a Notary Public in and for said County and State personally appeared BENJAMIN B, BURTON, PAUL DALE BUSH, RUSSELL E., LEAVENWORTH, SEYMOUR MACK and JACK A. PITT, known to me to be the persons whose names are subscribed to the foregoing Articles of Incorporation, and acknowledged to me that they executed the same,
WITNESS my hand and official seal.
NOTARY PUBLIC - CALIFORNIA
PRINCIPAL OFFICE in FRESNO County